- Since becoming CEO in 2002, Cortney develops and guides the implementation of all investment activities at Ball Ventures, including the allocation of cash assets and portfolio composition.
- During his tenure, Cortney has directed the investment strategy on behalf of the Ball family across hundreds of transactions in either real estate, energy, healthcare or private equity.
- Cortney grew the company from a single employee to a base of more than 60 direct current employees, and is directly responsible for the creation of key partnerships.
- Cortney graduated from Utah State University cum laude with a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Accounting.
- Cortney serves on the board of directors of ARB Midstream, LLC, on the executive management committee of Sunterra Springs, LLC, and on the board of directors for Texas Security Bank and Blue Cross of Idaho.
Thel W. Casper
- Thel is the General Counsel at Ball Ventures and the principal legal counsel and advisor to the management team.
- Since joining Ball Ventures in 2006, Thel has guided the company’s legal policies towards corporate governance, external legal engagement, litigation, standardization of corporate documents, entity formation, third-party contracts, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Thel graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Finance from Brigham Young University before obtaining a Juris Doctor degree from the University of California at Berkeley.
- He is a member of the Idaho, Utah, and Arizona State Bar associations.
Chief Development Officer
- Eric leads a team of acquisition, development, property and asset management professionals for the company’s retail, office and mixed-use assets as COO and CDO of Ball Ventures.
- Eric joined Ball Ventures in 2006 and has been the key driver for Snake River Landing, which is a 400+ acre mixed-use project in Idaho Falls, a leading development for economic growth in the region and a hallmark for the Ball family legacy.
- Eric has developed or managed more than five million square feet of real estate over his career. He is always searching for innovative ways to create value at every level of each project.
- Eric received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Finance from Weber State University.
Chief Credit Officer
- Neil is a member of the executive management team and is primarily responsible for optimizing the company’s aggregate exposure to debt and setting forth the company’s credit policies.
- He measures and reports the performance of the company’s portfolio at both a global and asset level and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Neil brought 17 years of relatable experience when he joined Ball Ventures in 2007.
- Neil is a graduate of Brigham Young University with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
Chief Accounting Officer
- Jason joined Ball Ventures in June 2007. As Chief Accounting Officer and member of the executive team, Jason oversees budgeting, reporting, forecasting, accounting, financial systems, and IT systems for the company. He has over 20 years of various types of accounting and finance experience.
- Prior to joining Ball Ventures, Jason worked as a staff and cost accountant for Melaleuca. Jason spent 9 years serving in the community as a board member of the Iona Bonneville Sewer District and 4 years as chairman of the board.
- Jason has a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Brigham Young University and a Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Utah.
Managing Director, Real Estate Capital
- Tahri is the Managing Director of Real Estate Capital at Ball Ventures. In this role Tahri leads many of the programmatic real estate joint ventures that Ball Ventures has by providing strategic leadership and capital allocation to help grow the business pursuits of each partnership.
- Tahri joined Ball Ventures in 2012 to lead the asset management functions for the company’s real estate holdings, including business plan development, financial analytics, and building the NOI for the portfolio. Prior to joining Ball Ventures, Tahri worked in for groups specializing in construction, real estate management and land entitlement.
- Tahri also helped launch Ball Ventures’ real estate fund, a discretionary closed-end $150 million fund with a concentration of opportunistic investments across a variety of asset types. This investment vehicle complements the mission of Ball Ventures’ partnerships through the capitalization of the best opportunities within the network.
- Tahri is a graduate of Brigham Young University, Idaho with a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications, and holds a Master’s degree in Real Estate from Cornell University.