- Since becoming CEO in 2002, Cortney develops and guides the implementation of all investment activities at Ball Ventures, including the allocation of cash assets and portfolio composition.
- During his tenure, Cortney has invested billions of dollars on behalf of the Ball family across hundreds of transactions in either real estate, energy, healthcare or private equity.
- Cortney grew the company from a single employee to a base of more than 50 direct current employees, and is directly responsible for the creation of key partnerships.
- Cortney graduated from Utah State University cum laude with a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Accounting.
Thel W. Casper
- Thel is the General Counsel at Ball Ventures and the principal legal counsel and advisor to the management team.
- Since joining Ball Ventures in 2006, Thel has guided the company’s legal policies towards corporate governance, external legal engagement, litigation, standardization of corporate documents, entity formation, third-party contracts, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Thel graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Finance from Brigham Young University before obtaining a Juris Doctor degree from the University of California at Berkeley.
- He is a member of the Idaho, Utah, and Arizona State Bar associations.
Chief Development Officer
- Eric leads a team of acquisition, development, property and asset management professionals for the company’s retail, office and mixed-use assets as COO and CDO of Ball Ventures.
- Eric joined Ball Ventures in 2006 and has been the key driver for Snake River Landing, which is a 400+ acre mixed-use project in Idaho Falls, a leading development for economic growth in the region and a hallmark for the Ball family legacy.
- Eric has developed or managed more than five million square feet of real estate over his career. He is always searching for innovative ways to create value at every level of each project.
- Eric received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Finance from Weber State University.
Chief Financial Officer
- Since February 2006, Eric Kunz has been a member of the management team as the company’s Chief Financial Officer. He has been integral in implementing the company’s new organizational structure and accounting software.
- Eric has over 20 years of experience in accounting, tax, and management. His previous work experience includes Senior Accountant for Ernst & Young, CEO/CFO of King B Inc., Controller of Diet Center, Inc, Regional Manager for Cellular Inc. (now known as Verizon Wireless), and is currently a partner in the CPA firm Smith, Kunz & Associates.
- Eric attended Brigham Young University and graduated magna cum laude with a degree in Accounting in 1986.
Chief Credit Officer
- Neil is a member of the executive management team and is primarily responsible for optimizing the company’s aggregate exposure to debt and setting forth the company’s credit policies.
- He measures and reports the performance of the company’s portfolio at both a global and asset level and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Neil brought 17 years of relatable experience when he joined Ball Ventures in 2007.
- Neil is a graduate of Brigham Young University with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
Chief Accounting Officer
- Jason joined Ball Ventures in June 2007. As Chief Accounting Officer and member of the executive team, Jason oversees budgeting, reporting, forecasting, accounting, financial systems, and IT systems for the company. He has over 20 years of various types of accounting and finance experience.
- Prior to joining Ball Ventures, Jason worked as a staff and cost accountant for Melaleuca. Jason spent 9 years serving in the community as a board member of the Iona Bonneville Sewer District and 4 years as chairman of the board.
- Jason has a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Brigham Young University and a Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Utah.
Managing Director, Real Estate Capital Investments
- Tahri joined Ball Ventures in 2012 to lead the asset management functions for the company’s real estate holdings, including business plan development, financial analytics, and building the NOI for the portfolio.
- Tahri has performed investment management services for the company by overseeing the company’s direct real estate investments made via certain partnerships.
- Tahri’s portfolio includes more than 2.5 million square feet of income-producing assets.
- Tahri is a graduate of Brigham Young University, Idaho with a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications, and holds a Master’s degree in Real Estate from Cornell University.
Director of Accounting
- Jan joined Ball Ventures in 2008 and has prior experience in regional and Big 8 CPA firms, construction and real estate accounting management, and small IT systems management.
- At Ball Ventures, Jan is responsible for monthly corporate financial reporting and is the Ball Ventures in-house information systems specialist. Jan coordinates network, software and hardware needs for Ball Ventures and its employees.
- Jan is a graduate of the University of Utah and Utah State University with a Bachelor’s degree and MBA in Accounting and Finance.
Director of Accounting & Taxation
- Brian has been with Ball Ventures since 2003 and has 25 years of experience as a CPA, passing with the top score in Idaho for the November 1995 sitting.
- As Director of Accounting and Taxation, he is responsible for entity tax filings and tax planning with a specialization in Real Estate.
- Brian also is responsible for monitoring key metrics for asset performance. He is also involved with cash management and partnership capital contributions and distributions.
- Brian graduated from Utah State University with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Masters of Accounting, Magna Cum Laude.
Managing Director, Private Equity Investments
- Dan was appointed CEO of ARB Midstream in February 2020, having served on the Board of Directors of ARB since early 2019.
- Dan is also a Managing Director of Ball Ventures Private Capital, the strategic investor in ARB. Dan has more than twenty years of leadership experience in domestic and international companies, he was Founder and Managing Partner of Broadline Partners and previously served as Senior Vice President and CFO of American Midstream Partners and Vice President, Finance and Treasurer of MarkWest Energy Partners.
- Dan holds Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Accounting from Brigham Young University.